Head blogger: Anita Cory, wife, mom of 3, sister, sorority alumnae, Christian, Sorority/Fraternity Life professional at WSU, former Paper Pals Design Team member, dissertation writer, and all around friendly 40-something in Pullman, Washington.

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Shout to the Lord....

What a lovely and blessed weekend I just had. Crafting with friends, good talks with the kids, time at the river with friends, and the best of all...this morning's worship at church.

Yes, this is a departure from my usual more superficial prattling about my kids, spouse, life, etc.

The message I heard today was loud and clear. I am made to worship. You are made to worship. God loves us and loves our voices lifted up to Him. I was so convicted today by the pastor's message. If we are more concerned with what others think of us than what God thinks of us, we are missing the mark. God spoke right through him into my heart. I felt God's presence like I never have before while the faithful lifted their voices to Him and I wept with joy for the love and sacrifice Christ made for me.

Why am I posting this? Psalm 100 speaks to me today live never before; "Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth. Worship the Lord with gladness: come before Him with joyful songs. ...enter His gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise: give thanks to Him and praise His name. For the Lord is good and his love endures forever; His faithfulness continues through all generations."

THANK YOU GOD!

1 Comments:

Blogger AngMomof3 said...

So glad you shared! I love when God speaks directly to me though pastors, friends, etc. Yesterday was a great message... agreed!

June 27, 2011 at 2:11 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home