Head blogger: Anita Cory, wife, mom of 3, sister, sorority alumnae, Christian, Sorority/Fraternity Life professional at WSU, former Paper Pals Design Team member, dissertation writer, and all around friendly 40-something in Pullman, Washington.

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Blessings come in many forms...

Some blessings are easy to spot: a new friendship, connecting with an old friend, healthy kids, a meaningful job, a quality education, a house to call home and so many others.

But, when I heard my husband pray at dinner last night, "Lord thank you for the blessing of hard work for me to do" I chuckled. He is, of course, referring to the demolition project pictured below (double-click to enlarge the collage). And he wasn't kidding. He has been spending many back-breaking, skin scraping, character building hours in the very hot, sunny backyard on this project...and he considers it a blessing. Hmmm.

How many blessings do I take for granted and consider a burden, or at the very least annoying and/or distracting? Here's a few: cooking, cleaning, laundry and errands. Someday, no one will need my help with any of those things and then I'll probably see it as a blessing to have had this opportunity now.

How can I live now, realizing all that blesses my life? Do you live now knowing your blessings?

I pray I will and that you already do!

A

2 Comments:

Blogger TamiV said...

Wowza, that is quite the project! John is REALLY blessed, lol! :)

July 28, 2010 at 1:36 PM

 
Blogger Heather said...

I love the difference in Harrison's facial expressions--super excited because he's on the roof, then super bummed because SOMEONE has to pick up all that brick, and he's figured out that's why you all had kids. Priceless.

July 29, 2010 at 9:28 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home