Head blogger: Anita Cory, wife, mom of 3, sister, sorority alumnae, Christian, Sorority/Fraternity Life professional at WSU, former Paper Pals Design Team member, dissertation writer, and all around friendly 40-something in Pullman, Washington.

Monday, October 18, 2010

My Bucket List

No, this is not a post about the items on my what-to-do-before-I-die list, however, there are some doozies on that list. But that is for another post.

This post is one of what will probably be several where I record items that have come to mind for the post-PhD Bucket List. Right, these are the things I am looking forward to doing after I finish. Thank you to several friends for suggesting I write these things down. If you're not mentioned in this installment, not to worry, you'll probably be in a post forthcoming. List is in no particular order. Not valid in all 50 states. Not intended to serve as expert advice for others in post-PhD category. Void where prohibited. No expiration date.

1. reading for pleasure (The Twilight and a re-reading of the Harry Potter series top the list...oh, and some magazines)

2. go to kid's sporting, school, and music events WITHOUT bringing articles and books that must be read while waiting for the event to start, during time-outs and half time.

3. rid my house (and my life) of yellow highlighers (see #2).

4. slow down long enough to just be.

5. get a new-to-me camera (looking for a good, used, digital SLR)

6. play with #5

7. organize all sorts of things in my house and life

8. call family and friends more often

9. scrapbook with all the beautiful photos I take with the new camera

10. learn to use photoshop well enough to digitally scrapbook some of the photos I take with the new camera

11. Establish a weekly date time with my spouse

12. Establish Mom and (pick a kid) time each week with each kid

13. Volunteer for the PTA (nothing big, maybe the cookie-baking committee:)

14. Make cookies

15. Exercise

16. Read my Bible...and not feel pressured to highlight it or type up a summary of the passage and figure out how to cite it in APA style.

17. Go to church and church events and not worry about the time.

18. Go to Daily Grind to sip tea and hang with a friend and know I have time to do so!

19. Visit my family in Nebraska, Iowa, and Colorado.

20. Go to Disney World with John and the kids

21. Tackle the landscaping needs at the Cory Casa.

22. Help a friend or neighbor with ________.

23. Watch TV (just a little).

24. Be the Mom that drives kids to away soccer games and likes it.

25. Take bubble baths once a week.

To be continued...

A

1 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Whew! That is quite the list! I love your items, and love that the theme is being content with your life, your family, and you. When you figure out how to have all that time (minus the PhD stuff of course), please let me know how you did it. :-)

November 3, 2010 at 10:04 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home