Head blogger: Anita Cory, wife, mom of 3, sister, sorority alumnae, Christian, Sorority/Fraternity Life professional at WSU, former Paper Pals Design Team member, dissertation writer, and all around friendly 40-something in Pullman, Washington.

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Christmas Past, Present and Future...you be the judge.

This picture is confusing, right?

For my blog followers that have known me the longest, there is nothing confusing about this photo. Except that sofa. What was that about? Some bad decisions were made.

If you know me now, mother of one handsome 6’1” green eyed brunette, you might be very confused. Look again. Spencer did not get a perm in his hair, nor is he likely to be holding any small baby any time soon (age 3 and up are his forte). And given that his body temperature runs as hot as a werewolf with great abs, he would never wear footie pajamas!

Ha! I do have a kid that looks just like me. I’ve thought it all along, but this photo is hard evidence.

And such a fond memory. When I look at this photo, I see a Mom who lovingly and painstakingly made every birthday, Christmas and Easter a very special day in our lives. Handmade gifts, store bought gifts, candy, etc. She loved loving us.

This year, I have time to think, breathe, be still, and reflect. I’m so grateful for the loving family I was born into, and the great opportunity and blessing to be loving the one I’m raising now. I hope my kids will see me in their photo someday.

Enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home