Head blogger: Anita Cory, wife, mom of 3, sister, sorority alumnae, Christian, Sorority/Fraternity Life professional at WSU, former Paper Pals Design Team member, dissertation writer, and all around friendly 40-something in Pullman, Washington.

Saturday, September 13, 2008

It's after 10 pm, on the eve of ...


a really big birthday. I have insisted to many inquirers of my birthday and the age I'll be this year, that until this hour of this day, I would not be "almost" anything. Yeah, right....tell my gray hair, wrinkles, saggy ___ (various options here), and an even older spouse and growing kids, that I'm not "almost"...dare I say it, 40?!

Hmmm...shouldn't I be out celebrating, acting like a 20-year old, kicking up my heels, gettin' my groove on, or something? Maybe I should be in Vegas, gambling our savings away (actually a couple of rolls of nickels at the slot machines would be all I could handle). Maybe I should be in my PJs, eating a pint of Ben & Jerrys? Actually, I should be doing my homework...

OR, maybe I should be doing just want I am. Hanging out at home after a fun day with my friend Angela on Friday at Paper Pals, and after an ill-fated quest for a Funnel Cake from the Latah Co. Fair with April and Heather (long story), and after a great chick flick with friends (Sex and the City) and today, a contemplative and solitary day of errand running and a little shopping, all leading up to dinner and a (weird) movie with John.
This is good. 2+ days of me-time...thinking, praying, singing, reading, contemplating. Now I could put on the totally cheery "blog-face" and say, no biggie, who cares, whatever. But, really, this is a tough one...I know it is silly and sort of vain, but ... time is speeding up my friends...it waits for no one.

So...here's to tomorrow. I've contemplated enough. Tomorrow...I focus on just how blessed I truly am. Thank you to my Mom for having me, and both of my parents for putting up with me (especially as a pre-schooler and again as teenager...yikes!). Thanks to John for loving me, and the kids for thinking I'm the best Mom ever! I am blessed beyond what I ever imagined...

A

6 Comments:

Blogger Karen Tews Lien said...

Happy Birthday Anita! Remember..."You're not 40, you're eighteen with 22 years experience."

Enjoy it!

September 14, 2008 at 8:08 AM

 
Blogger TamiV said...

Happy Birthday Anita! Hugs to you!

September 14, 2008 at 8:30 AM

 
Blogger Heather said...

Happy birthday to you! Will you be in Lighty tomorrow?

September 14, 2008 at 7:58 PM

 
Blogger Tricia S. said...

Happy birthday big sis!! Hugs and Kisses!!!! xoxoxo ~T

September 14, 2008 at 8:03 PM

 
Blogger Shawna said...

Happy Birthday...days late!

September 15, 2008 at 7:32 AM

 
Blogger Judy said...

You are such a KID....celebrate being the big 4-0, it's a fun age (I speak from experience!!!) :0) Happy Birthday, a little late!! Judy

September 30, 2008 at 6:26 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home