Head blogger: Anita Cory, wife, mom of 3, sister, sorority alumnae, Christian, Sorority/Fraternity Life professional at WSU, former Paper Pals Design Team member, dissertation writer, and all around friendly 40-something in Pullman, Washington.

Monday, October 27, 2008

Let's be honest...I'm trying not to freak out here...

Top 5 Things I'm tying not to freak out about:
(not necessarily in order)

1. Quantitative statistics class - not only do I need to pass this class, but I also need to have a basic understanding of it...so far, the outlook is not good.

2. Bunion surgery on Wednesday afternoon - trying not to worry I'll be the 1 in a 1,000,o00 people who croak in outpatient surgery, and if/when I survive it, I'm trying not to worry about how much it will hurt, and how behind I will get on everything, including #1.

3. Budget cuts for my office - I have never had to take a budget cut in the Center, until now. We're losing a staff member to another office (with a different funding source), so thankfully she doesn't lose her job, but sadly, now me and one other staff member will be doing her job. So, I'm trying not to freak out about working more than I already do.

4. My daughter and her educational process - I worry every day that she isn't learning enough and is falling behind (I'm not saying this because she gets good grades and we expect better, I'm realistically saying she struggles). It is heartbreaking to watch.

5. Money - I'm trying not to worry that we are headed for the Second Great Depression and that we'll be on the street, with 4 chickens and selling their eggs. You might be chuckling at that, but like most Americans we're living the dream: mortgage, car payments, consumer debt...you know all the stuff that spells disaster.

So, yeah...I'm in a bad patch...I thought maybe if I put these Top 5 Freak-out worthy issues out to the blog-o-sphere, the cathartic process of "journaling" might help. We'll see....Now, back to reading for stats class...

A

1 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Solution to most of your problems: Brandon, Eva, and me move in, tutor Camryn, help with your mortgage payment, take care of the kids when you and John go out (or when you get bunyon surgery, and take care of the kids so they aren't in daycare. Done and done. Now start cleaning out Spencer or Camryn's room so we and the chickens have somewhere to live.

But seriously (and that paragraph was half-serious), please let us know when and how we can help you out with anything. We really value you and your wonderful family and count you all as a huge blessing in our lives.

October 28, 2008 at 9:15 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home