Head blogger: Anita Cory, wife, mom of 3, sister, sorority alumnae, Christian, Sorority/Fraternity Life professional at WSU, former Paper Pals Design Team member, dissertation writer, and all around friendly 40-something in Pullman, Washington.

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

A few of my favorite things about December

This blog needed to move on from a focus on Punkins and Pumpkins. So much goes on in our lives that a person with more time, motivation, or time could/would blog about. So, this will have to bring us into the current month.

Even though December seems to move along at warp speed and there is never enough time to do and enjoy all that I want to, I do love this month. Here are a few reasons (in no particular order).

1. We celebrate the birth of ourSavior. If there was nothing else to love about December, this would be enough...in fact, more than enough.

Trailing in distant rankings:
2. Christmas music. I really love traditional Christmas hymns that have been re-composed like here: http://www.lifewayworship.com
3. Giving gifts. I really like shopping for just the perfect thing (although things aren't really that important) for my friends and family.
4. Peppermint mochas.
5. Our mailbox having a steady stream of Christmas cards, photos and update letters.
6. Spending Christmas Day with John and the kids.
7. Having friends over during the Christmas break for games, movies, etc. Love love love having the extra time.
8. While I don't love saying goodbye to amazing WSU students that bless my work and life enormously, celebrating the end of their term as a leader is always fun!
9. This December, I defend my dissertation proposal and begin interviewing many many fraternity/sorority student leaders....yahoo!
10.Baking cookies and giving them away...goodness knows I shouldn't eat them!
11. Witnessing my kid's delight when they see Santa every year...yes, he always shows himself...just a little on Christmas eve. Everyone goes to bed early and easily on this day!
12. Sledding if we have snow, which we do now.
13. Christmas movies and TV specials - the Peanuts' Christmas special was on last night. So sweet.
14. Christmas crafting. Although I don't think it will be part of this December, I usually make all manner of paper crafts like wreaths, topiaries, cards, tree decorations and other gifts for friends.
15. After Christmas sales. Wow.


Check back. As my blog followers know, the Cory family has gone "mostly green" and we'll be sending out a Christmas photo card, but the annual update will be here!

Slow down. Enjoy!
A

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home