Head blogger: Anita Cory, wife, mom of 3, sister, sorority alumnae, Christian, Sorority/Fraternity Life professional at WSU, former Paper Pals Design Team member, dissertation writer, and all around friendly 40-something in Pullman, Washington.

Monday, December 19, 2011

Missing Mom.

Today is one of those days.

No matter how old I am, there are some days more than others, that I really miss my Mom. Today was one such day. I miss her for the little things, a quick call to say hi, help with a recipe, and comparing notes about holiday plans.

I miss her for the big things. Laughing with her. I miss providing her with updates about the kids…she loved them so much. I miss asking for her advice and having an honest conversation about just about anything. I miss the harmony she brought to my extended family. I miss that she would ask how I am …really and know when I’m not 100%.

I could keep going, but you get the idea. It’s December. Her birthday month. Christmas. And she’s not here.

Sure, I'll see her again. Perhaps she is watching over us. But it isn't the same as here. And that's why I miss her.

A

1 Comments:

Blogger Shelle and Dan said...

I'm sorry my friend. We never get too grown up to need our mothers, do we? Hugs to you on these tough days.

December 20, 2011 at 8:21 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home