Head blogger: Anita Cory, wife, mom of 3, sister, sorority alumnae, Christian, Sorority/Fraternity Life professional at WSU, former Paper Pals Design Team member, dissertation writer, and all around friendly 40-something in Pullman, Washington.

Monday, January 30, 2012

Another Teen in the House

This girl captured our hearts thirteen years ago, and we haven't looked back. Of course, I totally love the boys, but almost every day I wonder, "what would I do without a daughter?" Of course, I'm completely blessed by all three kids, but there is something wonderfully unique and totally special about having a daughter.

Yep, she is 13. And almost all that goes with it. Cam is totally "my girl". She can be sweet, then sassy. She is compliant, then stubborn. She is a "faith, more than facts" person. Her "blonde moments" are completely attributable to my DNA at work. Her naive, yet happy, approach to life, yeah, that's me too. She doesn't look like me, but she is my mini-me.


The road to becoming a teen has been traveled exponentially fast. Have we broken the sound barrier here? There are only five more years with us at home. Lord, I pray you slow down this journey. Help us all truly live it with no regrets, love it with the ups and downs, and bring her closer to you every day.

A

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home