Head blogger: Anita Cory, wife, mom of 3, sister, sorority alumnae, Christian, Sorority/Fraternity Life professional at WSU, former Paper Pals Design Team member, dissertation writer, and all around friendly 40-something in Pullman, Washington.

Monday, May 5, 2008

The Comfort of a Sister...

I ran across this quote today...

Is solace anwhere more comforting than in the arms of a sister. --Alice Walker

Indeed.

My mom, Ruth (left) and her sister Winona, have been through alot together...they lost their mother when they were ages 6 and 11, gained 4 new brothers when Grandpa remarried and then later another sister and brother, married young, had economic struggles with career changes for spouses, the trials and tribulations of raising kids (seven between them) who didn't always make great choices (myself included), and many others. Now, Aunt Winona is by my Mom's side, comforting her, praying for her, and loving on her when she needs it most. I am sad to know that the days with my Mom are numbered (shorter than for most people), and I sometimes am so absorbed with my own sense of loss and grief, that I selfishly forget about the pain my Mom's sisters and brothers are going through too. I was so glad to visit in March and see Aunt Winona and really watch, and really listen, this time, for the love between sisters.

How do peole make it through life without a sister? I am blessed...

Indeed. I have two.

A
Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger AngMomof3 said...

What a nice post! You made me almost cry. I've been closer to my two sisters recently too... and you're right. Sisters are really great!

May 8, 2008 at 3:37 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home