Head blogger: Anita Cory, wife, mom of 3, sister, sorority alumnae, Christian, Sorority/Fraternity Life professional at WSU, former Paper Pals Design Team member, dissertation writer, and all around friendly 40-something in Pullman, Washington.

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The uninspiring is inspired...and committed!

I'm inspired. My good friend HB left me a great comment and was apparently inspired by my last post. I do my best to inspire, really I do. But this time, she inspired me. She is also trying not to freak out, but is also making commitments to do something about the freak-out potential.

So...thanks for the inspiration, my friend...here are my commitments:
(also not necessarily in order)

1. Pray (the Bible says to do so "without ceasing"). I commit to taking it ALL to Him...I usually don't want to "worry" Him (yeah, right) with the small stuff, and then all of the sudden it's big stuff. Things need to change...He can do anything, and I know it...now I just need to pray like I believe it too!

2. Get Healthy. So the foot surgery tomorrow can be a blessing in disguise, right? A wake-up call to health. I can diet, eat right and get exercise (even with a "boot"). I need to get more sleep and more exercise of both my body and my spirit... I will Just Do It.

3. Be a better wife. Perhaps my "wife-style" of acting like a shift manager at the local fast food burger place isn't the best. Less "to do" lists...more love, attention, conversations, and affection.

4. Be a more patient and giving Mom. When I find myself saying, "I don't have time for this" more than once a _______, I need to figure out why I don't have enough time to help, supervise, or otherwise parent my kids. It's not like they're being raised by wolves, but I can do better.

5. Give. Generously. I will believe that God rewards His generous givers. I've never heard of a generous giver that wasn't blessed, usually "ten-fold". I commit to not being afraid to part with our blessings and resources to those in need, missionaries, the church, etc. After all, I'm not afraid to "give" at ___________ (local retailer).

2 Comments:

Blogger AngMomof3 said...

Here, here. I know the freakout. And I'm with you. (But assume there's not room for our family at your house too if the B family and chickens are coming...

It was nice to hang out w/ you yesterday, and I'm sorry we didn't get to talk about your posts(I'm behind on my blog-stalking). But I think you're doing GREAT on all five of your challenges. And just recognizing that you can always do better is healthy.

Maybe I'll jump on your bandwagon, too!

November 2, 2008 at 1:21 PM

 
Blogger Shelle and Dan said...

Your commitments are very inspiring to me friend. Thanks for sharing.
Are you getting as excited as I am for next weekend?

November 3, 2008 at 8:16 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home