Head blogger: Anita Cory, wife, mom of 3, sister, sorority alumnae, Christian, Sorority/Fraternity Life professional at WSU, former Paper Pals Design Team member, dissertation writer, and all around friendly 40-something in Pullman, Washington.

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Saying goodbye to P-town friends...not my favorite!

One of the major bummers about living in P-town is that amazing, wonderful, talented, loving, fabulous people come into your life, sometimes as students and leave (graduate) just when you felt you knew them, others stay a little longer, but truth be told, it is heartbreaking for me. Being the social creature (pack animal) I am, I am most happy when surrounded by not only family but a circle of friends.
So, yesterday was another of those sad days. I had to say goodbye to my sweet, funny, sarcastic, Will Ferrell-loving friend, Heather Bracket. Sure, it's not 1852 and we have ways to communicate from afar, but time spent with Heather has become a bright spot in my days/weeks. We laugh, we craft, we cry, and well...I don't do that with many people.
In honor of my dear friend, Heather, I'm sharing the things I love most about her (in no particular order):
  1. She was actually interested in being my friend despite the fact that I am an old, boring, married woman with 3 kids.
  2. She loves my kids and has been a big part of their lives for the last 5+ years.
  3. She is very crafty...my kind of gal! She taught me to make jewelry...a gift that has benefited many friends and family members!
  4. She is quite possibly one of the funniest women I know. She has a very dry, witty, sarcastic sense of humor. I wish I was that clever. Check out her blog (linked at right) and you'll see what I mean.
  5. She's had tough times...and shared them with me. It's good to know I'm not the only one with "crap" going on sometimes.
  6. She has been such a great friend for me...just when I really needed one.

Heather, has been a gift to my life. God, thank you for her!


3 Comments:

Blogger AngMomof3 said...

Snif snif. And ditto. Good points about that fabulously funny crafty and real woman (and I love how she loves your kids too!).

Thank goodness that technology will make the distance feel a little shorter.

Sometimes Pullman sucks. This is one of those times.

June 25, 2009 at 3:18 PM

 
Blogger Heather said...

Also, can we photoshop my claw hand in this photo? What am I DOING to you?

June 25, 2009 at 4:22 PM

 
Blogger Heather said...

And I will miss you both tons and bunches. :-( Please come and visit! And expect me for this epic birthday party of yours.

June 25, 2009 at 4:24 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home