Head blogger: Anita Cory, wife, mom of 3, sister, sorority alumnae, Christian, Sorority/Fraternity Life professional at WSU, former Paper Pals Design Team member, dissertation writer, and all around friendly 40-something in Pullman, Washington.

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

more firsts...and September stuff...(aka update part 2)


Swim, bike, run. Together...all in succession. Sounds great, right? If you are my darling husband, this apparently does sound great. If you are me, you sprained your wrist typing this blog.

OK...back to the story...

Last May, one of John's co-workers mentioned a Sprint Triathalon that his wife had competed in the year prior. That co-worker mentioned it to me, and together we put a teensy-weensy bit of pressure on my middle-aged, balding, but oh so not fat, husband, and "it was on".

John trained over the summer (although he will quickly tell you he didn't train enough...yeah, right), and worked with a personal trainer to design a program, as well as consulted with former swimming star and coach, my good friend HB, for some tips.

Knowing John as well as I do, I wasn't surprised about his slight obsession with training, his times/splits, etc. nor that he procrastinated and registered after the deadline (but was able to be register late when they opened it up again). Additionally, I was not surprised when he almost didn't do it the week of the event (at that point I had to resort to "sissy" taunting to get him to do it). Yes, all because he felt he may not have trained enough.

How did he do? Well, OK, I guess, blah blah blah. He WON his age group. Sheesh. Yeah, maybe he should've trained harder.

This is a first that I won't be trying anytime soon.

A

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

That is WONDERFUL! You must be so proud! What a great example he is setting for your kids, to remain active throughout adulthood. Congratulations John!! :)

October 21, 2009 at 6:47 AM

 
Blogger Heather said...

Yeah...I suppose he did okay. I mean, he won his age group. Big deal.

KIDDING! I knew he would do well since he is a maniac trainer. Good job keeping him the race!

October 21, 2009 at 10:52 AM

 
Blogger mommyneedsanap said...

Good job JC--way to shame the rest of your age group!! Que "Flashdance" song "he's a maniac, maniac on the floor..."

Also, gosh, I sure hope your wrist heals up fast AC--this blog writing can be dangerous! :-) We can't have anything slowing down your scrapping!

October 21, 2009 at 2:02 PM

 
Blogger Mayhem said...

Congratulations John! (Show off...) (Completely kidding, I know he's super humble. I'm just jealous.)

October 24, 2009 at 5:48 PM

 
Blogger savant said...

hi how are you

December 3, 2009 at 2:25 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home