Head blogger: Anita Cory, wife, mom of 3, sister, sorority alumnae, Christian, Sorority/Fraternity Life professional at WSU, former Paper Pals Design Team member, dissertation writer, and all around friendly 40-something in Pullman, Washington.

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Modern medicine....ah, it's a good thing

When I was a kid, I had "flat feet" and "they" tried to correct them with "gorgeous" shoes with corrective wedges. In college, I squeezed my feet into every wonderfully sexy shoe around, the pointier the better and the nicely paired these shoes with mini-skirts. In my twenties and early thirties I realized, "I have crappy feet" (enter a variety of miscellaneous maladies). Now, here I am 40, and I guess, the time has come. Deal with the feet, well at least one of them.

OK...yes, having surgery on your foot that essentially slices, dices, shaves, pins, and then stitches you and leaves you in a boot for six weeks and on crazy painkillers for a few days probably doesn't sound like the best thing ever, right? Maybe not, but...

If this were 1832, I would be walking with a cane for the rest of my life, or the village "doctor" would've made some crazy attempt at "healing" my foot, and Lord only knows what would've happened then...I might have six toes. OK, but I do think women wore much more sensible shoes back then...and they were in style.

The spouse(and the rest of us) has thoroughly enjoyed the delicious meals that several kind friends have brought. He commented that we should keep the boot around for awhile...

So, yeah...I'll take the boot (not because of the meals), but because I'm grateful. Grateful for doctors, nurses, surgeons....they are wicked smart, and wonderfully skilled. Everyone has been so helpful and I'm on the mend. My foot may even have it's "clock" set back about 20 years.

Sexy left foot anyone?

A







3 Comments:

Blogger Mayhem said...

Hope you're feeling okay and your foot is healing well! Doesn't sound like much fun, but you're right that it's good that you have the option to fix up your feet!

November 11, 2008 at 7:04 PM

 
Blogger Darcie Bagott said...

I was just cruising around the virtual world and saw this little bit about you. I hope you are up and hobbling about again real soon.
Hugs,
Darcie Bagott

November 16, 2008 at 7:07 PM

 
Blogger Brenda said...

Hey Anita! I had foot surgery on Aug. 13th for a bunion and arthritic joint in my big toe! They basically just cut, diced, spliced and sewed me up. When I got out of the boot and into a surgican shoe I went and sprained my ankle! DON'T attempt it! LOL
When was your surgery? The PT REALLY helped a lot. I can now go down stairs the normal way and don't limp. Send me an email when you have a minute!
Brenda

November 18, 2008 at 10:56 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home