Head blogger: Anita Cory, wife, mom of 3, sister, sorority alumnae, Christian, Sorority/Fraternity Life professional at WSU, former Paper Pals Design Team member, dissertation writer, and all around friendly 40-something in Pullman, Washington.

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Random Musings

Several of my real and blog friends have recently posted "some number" of random facts about themselves. I offer this spin on that...just random musings.

1. When you are really really tired, and should be sleeping, heck yeah, what better time to post a random list of pointless musings on your blog?

2. My life is predictable...at the end of every January, I look back on that month as breath a great sigh of relief that I survived another one. TGIF (Thank goodness its February).

3. I hope that the Cory Family Uncle Sam savings plan will be good this year (i.e. yes, we loaned our money to the government all year so our leaders could do important things with it, only to give it back to us in the form of a tax refund).

4. Wait, I may need to come back later and see if I can come up with a list of important things our government did with our money this year. I may have to take suggestions on that one.

5. I've been asked about my Mom alot lately...I miss her (from here to Nebraska), but I'm really really going to miss her when she is gone. I'm going to St. Louis with students in a couple of weeks and will see my family in Nebraska on the way back...yahoo!

6. My sisters have seemingly not embraced this blog thing (hint, hint...what do my niece and nephew look like? for that matter, what do my sisters look like these days? What are they up to? )

7. I'm so over snow.

8. My attention span is not cut out for more than 20 minutes of most anything...yes, even scrapbooking. So, tomorrow, when I'm sitting in class for 6 HOURS...you can share in my pain.

9. I really wish I had a time turner like Hermione Granger in the Harry Potter movies. Among the things I would do with double the time are:
hang out with my family more (both my kids and DH, but also brother, sisters, sis-in-law, etc.) . I'd also have my "other self" work out more, while "this self" sleeps.

10. My brother and his wife have also seemingly not embraced this blog thing. Strangely enough, he is the techy one...and I'm the one blogging (yes, DF, that is a challenge...a dual if you will).

11. I have really funny kids. Tonight, #1 described something at school as a "monstrosity"...the kid has a good grasp of the English language and a really dry sense of humor. Trust me...you had to be there.

12. #3 recently told me after a long night at Splash and Dash ( a kids night at the pool/parents night out) that he didn't need to take a shower to get all the bad chemicals off, because " when I was sitting on my towl drying off, all the bad chemicals just crawled onto my towel, Mom".

13. American Girl dolls are just plastic and whatever. Why are they such a big deal and so expensive? REally...it is all the girl will think/talk about. She will be in 10th grade talking about Felicity or Kristen or some other doll. Geez...

14. Grandparents that send cards and notes for Granddaughter's birthdays are really awesome!

15. During January, I really really miss my sanity, my friends, my family and "my life". Did I mention I'm so glad it's February?

16. Why do cows typically have one calf at a time and have multiple udders? This is in my "top ten things I need to ask God" list.

17. I love my ipod...now I just need to get "out there" and get some great music. Oh wait, I have just the thing, my new ABBA, #1 Hits CD. Trust me...you can't help but move to ABBA.

18. Despite the concerns mentioned in #3, this is a great country. I'm so grateful to live here.

19. Micheal Phelps was caught on camera, smoking weed from a bong. Nice. So glad we make a big deal out of athletes. People... they are just people too!

20. I realize more and more it is unfortunately quite easy to lie to me. This is not good given my line of work and the fact that I have kids.

21. Kid #1 turns 13 this week! Are you kidding me? Ugh!

22. Did you know that I think I have adult on-set ADD. That is a real thing you know. OK, maybe it's not adult-onset, but just adult-obvious. Really...I'm going to bed!

A

8 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

You do have really funny kids. I enjoy them a lot. Speaking of short attention spans, when do you think we can go to Paper Pals and chill and either a) scrapbook or b) pretend to scrapbook and bide our time until it's acceptable to go next door and get ice cream?

February 2, 2009 at 9:59 AM

 
Blogger Anita Cory said...

Soon my young friend...soon!
A

February 2, 2009 at 9:45 PM

 
Blogger AngMomof3 said...

Can I jump on your bandwagon and scrap w/ you? We could use the excuse of my birthday if you let me join you... :)

February 3, 2009 at 10:00 PM

 
Blogger mommyneedsanap said...

Um, I like ice cream. And birthdays. And scrapbooking. And all of you 3! Now that it's February we should plan a hooky day AC!
--April

February 4, 2009 at 10:20 AM

 
Blogger Wendy said...

I just heard a clip on NPR about how Mattel is feeling the effects of the recession. Their sales are down on every product they produce (including beloved Barbie) EXCEPT the AMERICAN GIRL dolls. Those people are buying no matter how broke they are...interesting, huh?

February 4, 2009 at 12:34 PM

 
Blogger Tricia S. said...

Sorry sis - I'm hopelessly behind in my grading and planning, which leaves no time for blogging, just reading. :) Will call you soon. Love, T.

February 4, 2009 at 8:59 PM

 
Blogger Tricia S. said...

Forgot to mention in my last comment...being a 7th grade writing teacher... I'd be SOOOOOOO excited if ANY of my kids ever used the word "monstrosity" in their writing. Go SC! Good for him!

February 5, 2009 at 9:09 PM

 
Blogger Anita Cory said...

Hi all,
Well...clearly I need to post more random musing more often. Maybe I should create a blog of "just random musings". Really, I don't muse all that much...just when I should sleeping it seems.

P.S. To my English-teaching sister...if I remember correctly, the word "monstrosity" was mentioned in the same sentence about another kid's zit on nose and a futile attempt to cover it with make-up. Be careful what you wish for...#1 could start writing you letters full of 7th grade boy "monstrosity" humor!

February 5, 2009 at 10:10 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home