Head blogger: Anita Cory, wife, mom of 3, sister, sorority alumnae, Christian, Sorority/Fraternity Life professional at WSU, former Paper Pals Design Team member, dissertation writer, and all around friendly 40-something in Pullman, Washington.

Monday, December 22, 2008

My girl, I'm talkin' 'bout my girl...my girl...

Camryn, our little sassafras lass is almost 10 and in the 4th grade!


She is usually such a happy-go-lucky young lady… but like the weather changes (moods) about every 10 minutes. Now, you might be thinking, “that sounds awful”, but actually it’s great. We know with Camryn that she isn’t going to stay too mad/sad/sassy for long…about 8 ½ minutes usually, and then she’s back to her cheerful, playful, giggly self.

About this time last year, Camryn announced, “I’d like an American Girl for Christmas”, to which I responded, “what is an American Girl?”. Oh, friends, what a dangerous question to ask a girl in the 8-11 year age range. For those that raised daughters before me, you already know about the excellent marketing and capitalistic quest that is the American Girl doll “industry”. You see, these dolls are “special” and help young girls learn about history (which they do, with the accompanying books, etc.). But in the end, in my ever-so-chastised opinion, they are “just dolls”. Well, suffice it to say, two weeks before Christmas is not enough in advance to ask Santa for one of these dolls.

Camryn, like her brother, is willing to save and save and save money to get what she really wants. By April last year, Camryn had saved Christmas, birthday and allowance money and was ready, able and very willing to order her first American Girl doll, Mia (the doll of the year). So, Mia arrived in May and Camryn has been a great little Mom ever since. Apparently, this makes me a “real” Grandma (so says my dot).

See what I mean here:



(www.americangirl.com)

Camryn also has great friends in Sydney, Cierra and Ayonna…they all share the love/obsession for American Girl dolls, and all go the same school. With the over abundance of testosterone in the Cory house, I love when Cam has “the girls” over…they are so funny and giggly and cute!

She is doing pretty well in school (although she doesn’t like it that much), and coming along really well in piano. Her piano teacher this summer and fall, Miss Christina, is nothing short of an amazing college student, a hard working piano major at WSU. There are a couple of photos from Camryn's spring recital in the slide show (below).

Last but not least, Camryn loves gymnastics. While I doubt my lanky, nearly 5’0” little girl has a career in this sport ahead of her, she does love it and has so much fun in her tumbling class in particular! Check this out…




As the Mom of only one daughter, I treasure all of these "girly" things with her...she is "my girl"! Click here to see some of our favorite "Cam memories" for 2008!



We are so blessed by Camryn!









1 Comments:

Blogger AngMomof3 said...

What a little gymnast! Fun to see the videos and slideshows.

December 23, 2008 at 5:05 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home