Head blogger: Anita Cory, wife, mom of 3, sister, sorority alumnae, Christian, Sorority/Fraternity Life professional at WSU, former Paper Pals Design Team member, dissertation writer, and all around friendly 40-something in Pullman, Washington.

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

more firsts...and September stuff...(aka update part 3)

Birthdays...silly dates on the calendar, meaningless numbers, right?

Ask me last year, and a gloomy,middle aged, "girl" would answer, "yeah right". Ask me now, and I'd say, "who cares?". Really...what was my deal last year with the big 4-0? Not sure. That was sort of unlike me...to get all pessimistic and whatever else.

So, if you've followed my random musings, you know that about a month after my big 4-0 came and went last year, in a largely uncelebrated way, that I realized a key point. I had missed an opportunity to have a huge party. I mean, really, when you are a grown-up, you just can't get away with a bouncy castle, horse rides, a clown making balloon animals, and 53 of your best friends coming over to celebrate with high expectation of the goodie bags you will deliver on their way out the door after the grand party.

Unless, you are celebrating your last week of 40!

Many of my faithful blog followers attended said "grown up party" and did not seem disappointed in the least that I did not deliver on the bouncy castle, horse rides, a clown making balloon animals and goodie bags. However, there were about 35 friends over to celebrate and assist us in devouring an army's worth of delicious Chinese food, a super cool birthday cake and scrumptious homemade ice-cream.


Good times! Thanks everybody!!

A

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home